The Australian-American Fulbright Commission is delighted to announce the Fulbright Future Scholarships – our most generous scholarship program ever. The scholarship program seeks to enhance the health, wellbeing, and prosperity of Australians by funding innovative, impact-focused projects. Fulbright Future Scholarships will finance projects that aim to promote cutting-edge applied science, kick start innovative business partnerships that enable the creation of new jobs, and further the development of impact-driven emergent technologies.
For Postgraduate scholars seeking to:
- Undertake a full U.S. Master’s degree (up to 2 years)
- Conduct research towards an Australian Ph.D. program (4 – 10 months)
- Complete a full U.S. Ph.D. program (up to 5 years)
Flinders University is amongst the world’s top 300 institutions according to the Times Higher Education rankings. The 2020 Times Higher Education rankings of the world’s top universities rated the university in the 251–300 bracket.
The university is a public research university in Adelaide, South Australia. Flinders University was established in 1966, it was named in honor of British navigator Matthew Flinders, who explored and surveyed the South Australian coastline in the early 19th century.
The university is a verdant university and a member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group. The university pioneered a cross-disciplinary strategy for education academically, and its faculties of medicine and the humanities have been rated among the nation’s top 10.
The 2021 Times Higher Education ranking of the world’s top universities rate Flinders in the 251 – 300th bracket. Flinders University offers over 160 undergraduate and postgraduate courses, as well as higher degree research supervision across all disciplines. Furthermore, most courses use new information and communication technologies to augment face-to-face teaching and provide adjustable options.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The Fulbright Future Scholarships cover:
- The monthly stipend is based on the cost of living in the city of the host institution.
- Full tuition or visiting researcher scholar fees.
- Round-trip, economy class airfare directly to and from the applicant’s home city and the city of the host institution
- Dependent allowance- if applicable.
- Arrangement services support postgraduate students seeking to complete a full U.S. Master’s degree or Ph.D.
- ASPE medical insurance of up to A$100,000 (for the scholar only).
- Orientation and enrichment opportunities – in Australia and the U.S. with other international Fulbright students.
- Access to a professional network of outstanding Australian and American Fulbright Alumni.
- Continuous assistance from the Commission with visas, enrichment opportunities, and pastoral care.
- Media and publicity support.
Requirements for Fulbright Future Scholarships
Fulbright Future Scholarships are open to applications for Australian candidates who meet the following criteria.
- Can apply as postgraduate students who seek to finish a full U.S. Master’s degree or part of their Australian degree in the U.S.
- Can apply as Ph.D. researchers who aim to complete a full U.S. Ph.D. program or part of their Australian Ph.D. in the U.S.
- Must have an undergraduate qualification.
- Should seek to create, contribute to, or otherwise improve Australian-American bilateral research cooperations.
- Must include an extra statement separate from their project statement (maximum of one page) that outlines the potential result of their proposed program on the lives, health, livelihoods, or prosperity of Australians.
- All candidates seeking to conduct research towards an Australian Ph.D. program (4 – 10 months) are needed to include a letter of invitation from their proposed (maximum one) institution with their application (not required for postgraduate scholars seeking to complete a U.S. Masters’s or Ph.D. program)
How to Apply for Fulbright Future Scholarships
Visit Scholarship Webpage and click on Apply now if you are eligible for the scholarship.
For further information about the Fulbright Future Scholarships, visit here.
The Application Deadline for the scholarship is July 6, 2022.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here