The Entrepreneurial Scholar PhD Top Up Scholarship is an Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (AIBN) for exceptional students to support their career development and industry readiness.
Successful applicants will also complete the University of Queensland’s Career Development Framework throughout their PhD, with completion of the program authorizing them for a six-month scholarship extension (maximum of four years).
The Entrepreneurial Scholar PhD Top Up Scholarship will recognize the extra requirements for completing the professional development activities, including an industry placement.
The University of Queensland is a public research university situated mainly in Brisbane, the capital city of the Australian state of Queensland. 1909, the university was established by the Queensland parliament, the university is one of the six sandstone universities, an informal designation of the oldest university in each state.
The university was rated second nationally by the Australian Research Council in their latest research review and equal second in Australia based on the average of four major global university league tables.
The University of Queensland is a founding member of edX, Australia’s leading Group of Eight, and the international research-intensive Association of Pacific Rim Universities.
Its main St Lucia campus occupies much of the riverside inner suburb of St Lucia, southwest of the Brisbane central business district. Other University of Queensland campuses and facilities are located all over Queensland, the largest of which are the Gatton campus and the Mayne Medical School.
The University of Queensland’s overseas establishments includes the UQ North America office in Washington D.C., and the UQ-Ochsner Clinical School in Louisiana, United States.
However, the university offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and higher doctorate degrees through a college, a graduate school, and six faculties.
The University of Queensland integrates over one hundred research institutes and centers offering research programs, such as the Institute for Molecular Bioscience, Boeing Research, and Technology Australia Centre, the Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, and the UQ Dow Centre for Sustainable Engineering Innovation.
However, recent notable research of the university includes pioneering the invention of the HPV vaccine that prevents cervical cancer, developing a COVID-19 vaccine that was in human trials, and the forming of high-performance superconducting MRI magnets for portable scanning of human limbs.
The University of Queensland counts two Nobel laureates (Peter C. Doherty and John Harsanyi), over a hundred Olympians winning multiple gold medals, and 117 Rhodes Scholars among its alumni and former staff.
The Entrepreneurial Scholar PhD Top Up Scholarship is worth $10,000 per annum.
Requirements for Entrepreneurial Scholar PhD Top Up Scholarship
You are qualified for the Entrepreneurial Scholar PhD Top Up Scholarship if you:
- meet the entry requirements for a higher degree by research
- have been awarded a Graduate School Scholarship or an Earmarked Scholarship to support a Category 1 project grant.
- Be enrolled with the Australian Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (Principal Advisor must be an AIBN academic)
- have sought endorsement from your future Principal Advisor to apply for the top-up scholarship.
Interview date, Process, and Venue for the Scholarship
Applications will be judged on a competitive ground taking into account your:
- prior academic record,
- publication record,
- honors and awards,
- employment history, and
- criteria addressed in the motivational statement.
The following standards must be addressed in the motivational statement:
- motivation/s for pursuing the UQ Entrepreneurial PhD Top-up Scholarship in addition to PhD study.
- proof of personal qualities and experiences including –
- leadership potential, community service, and/or engagement
- demonstrated capacity and willingness to actively participate in, and positively contribute to, co-curricular activities at UQ
- displayed capacity and willingness to overcome challenges.
- demonstrated understanding of how the University of Queensland Entrepreneurial PhD Top-up Scholarship and associated activities will contribute to your career development.
- any other matter that the selection committee considers to be relevant to the applicant’s future success at UQ and in their following career.
How to Apply for Entrepreneurial Scholar PhD Top Up Scholarship
To be evaluated for this Entrepreneurial Scholar PhD Top Up Scholarship you will need to submit a two-page motivational statement and a copy of your resume through UQ StudentHub by the application closing date.
For more inquiries, visit The University of Queensland website.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2022
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Australia scholarships here