The Western Colorado University Beware Air Scholarship is provided by an anonymous donor; a classically trained pianist, professional basketball player, researcher, mountain climber, educator, craftsman, and actress.
Keep reading this article to find out about Beware Air Scholarship, its worth, eligibility, and application process. We will also be discussing the university in this article.
Western Colorado University is a public university in Gunnison, Colorado. The university enrolls about 2,600 undergraduate and 400 graduate students, with 25 percent coming from out of state. The university offers over 100 undergraduate areas of study, and seven graduate programs, five of which are available as enhanced degree programs.
Since 2013, the university’s student headcount has grown by 17.4%, the highest percentage increase in full-time enrollment in Colorado with the exception of the CU system. Western Colorado University was founded in 1901 and it was opened for classes in 1911 as the Colorado State Normal School, the first college on the Western Slope.
However, the initial focus as a preparatory college for teachers resulted in a dedication to teacher preparation programs that continues to this day. In 1923, the college’s name was changed to Western State College of Colorado in regard to its expanding programs in the liberal arts at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
The college continued to grow, particularly after World War II when returning experts attended on the GI Bill, and academic and co-curricular programs capitalizing on the college’s unique mountain setting were continually added.
In 2012, the institution was renamed Western State Colorado University. Then in September 2018, the institution changed its name to Western Colorado University. The university offers more than 90 areas of study for undergraduates and seven graduate programs with class sizes averaging 18 students.
In addition, famous majors include Business Administration, Biology, Exercise & Sport Science, Environment & Sustainability, Recreation & Outdoor Education, and Psychology. Western Colorado University also offers many unique programs which include Petroleum Geology, Energy Management, and High Altitude Exercise Physiology.
By virtue of the school’s huge setting, professors in many departments are known for taking their classes in the “outdoor laboratory” that surrounds the campus.
Worth of Western Colorado University Beware Air Scholarship
The Western Colorado University Beware Air Scholarship covers In-state candidates: USD 2,500- USD 4,500 per year and Out-of-state applicants: USD 8,000- USD 10,000 every year.
Eligibility for Western Colorado University Beware Air Scholarship
- Applicants who are eligible for the Western Colorado University – International Merit Scholarships in US should not receive WUE or CP tuition discounts.
- Scholars should note that there are four types of Merit Scholarships, Founders, Summit, and Scholars and Advantage Award.
- Each candidate should enroll and complete 24 credits hours each year for the continuation of the Beware Air Scholarship to be eligible for it.
- To be eligible for Western Colorado University Beware Air Scholarship, you should have a CGPA of 3.0 for the continuation of the Founders, Summit, and Scholars Award and a 2.5 CGPA for the continuation of the Advantage Award.
- Candidates for the Western Colorado University Beware Air Scholarship should meet all the academic requirements.
- A maximum of 8 semesters of qualification will be awarded to freshman students and 6 semesters of eligibility to transfer students.
How to Apply for Western Colorado University Beware Air Scholarship
If you seem interested in the Western Colorado University Beware Air Scholarship and are eligible for it, visit the university’s official website to apply.
Application Deadline for Western Colorado University Beware Air Scholarship
The deadline for the Western Colorado University Beware Air Scholarship application is April 1, 2022.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA scholarships here